Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Letters, Dear Depeche Mode

Letters: 

So, I think a lot about internal dialogues--my own and that of others--and lately my internal dialogue has consisted of letters, and I don't mean the alphabet kind. While going throughout my day, I'll often think something like "Dear Raisins, I love you for being so delicious, easy to carry, and child-friendly. I heart you. Sincerely, Paige" These letters have never before met paper, and, with a very few exceptions, have never been said out-loud. I feel that I should change this; therefore, I present, probably more for my own amusement rather than yours, a new series: Letters. 

Dear Depeche Mode,

SotU is, as expected, utterly brilliant. It is, admittedly, rather similar to "Angel", but no matter, it was there that I first found and fell in love with you. You are, undoubtedly, the gods of my hallowed electronic rock--even the Pet Shop Boys can't compete with you globally, which makes "Sounds of the Universe" so apt a name. It was your industrial sound and skill with the synthesizer that emblazoned you on my arms. Furthermore, with your lyrics, we are of one heart and one mind. I cannot praise you enough. xoxox

Paige

P.S. Love for influencing my beloved band The Killers. 


1 comment:

Cat said...

I love this. I often find myself doing the same thing, but of course never articulate it so beautifully. You are my idol.