Saturday, December 12, 2009

Master Deceiver

Silence is a master deceiver. It signifies nothing,
yet conceals more meaning than  words that  fill its space--

words, like bubbles, so delicate and evanescent 
that to speak them would destroy;

words, like lost ships sailing an uncertain course
trying for a destination, yet failing to come close;

words, like arrows in the bows of young men,
unknowingly sent forth in the wrong direction;

words, like leaves falling softy where they land
yet never taking place in their original home again

words, like kisses sweetly shared-- 
the love between a pair;

words, words that I cannot say, 
because there's silence there;

words I cannot wish away
the ones that must be heard; 

words I so desire to speak
they must not be inferred;

words whose silence leaves me weak
unspokenly  beat against my heart;

words, these words that pain me so--
I fear that we must part. 

1 comment:

maverick said...

nice plot and thoughts. But the winding lines .... somehow dint click. Maybe its my ignorance.

The last few lines seems to have been derived upon from some personal incident. And I believe you have not attempted to universalize that.... maybe intentionally. But I guess that has leaves the reader disconnected. But I have to mention the initial lines are really well worked.