Thursday, April 9, 2009

Again

Start time: 2h59 am
Song "Batman" by Stefano Barone
Mood: Mischevious and a little bit ironic

My lungs are a lightbulb--glowing, glowing--brighter, brighter.
My fingers are laughing at the state of things--so tired they've become deranged.
I am water droplets of peace and excitement coming down in torrents.
There is no sun I do not see today. The end will come with healing in its hands
and exhale to the morning.

A thin, crooked smile belies my thoughts.
Dark and ironic, I'll never tell them outloud.
Instead I shrug my feathered shoulders and
glance away.

I will not speak today, I say.
I'll say my words with a sly flick of the brow,
a gesture you can't see. It's subtle.
That is the way with me.
And so I wrap you in my silence, tapping my toe
to your discomfort and desire to know.

End time: 3h06 am
Song: finished
Mood: Wouldn't you like to know.

No comments: